To gain hands on experience in the public relations and commutations fields in order to expand my knowledge and skill sets.
Hyatt Hotel Canberra Early 2010-late 2014
- Working with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds at Hyatt as an events supervisor.
- Working in high pressure situations with VIP clients including foreign dignitaries, royalty, Australian politicians including prime minsters and corporate executives from a range of large companies.
- Hands on experience with managing staff and clients, learning how to read their needs and communicate solutions.
Working with ThermalTake Australia at conventions 2013-2014
- Working front of house in a retail style environment, learning about new products and how to communicate my product knowledge to the wider community.
- Representing a brand at an expo and learning how to talk to individuals in with a marketing style approach.
Small Business social media development 2014-2015
- Worked with a friend out of Melbourne on his start up business that focused on social media strategies for small businesses.
- Ran social media for a range of small businesses including mechanics, and specialty car mods, as well as IT related brands.
- Constructed strategies and sales pitches for targeting small businesses.
Marketing and community engagement project Early 2016 Perimeter Hotel Canberra
- Worked with a select group as part of a industry experience project at the University of Canberra on the Marketing and community engagement strategy.
- Strong hands on experience that included meetings with clients as well as a final pitch.
Bachelor a communications in public relations and 2013 – Present Arts majoring in Law and Marketing
Relevant course work
Communications in Public Relations
- Principals of public relations
- Public relations writing
- Digital media literacy
- communication evolution
- Digital PR and Media relations
- Corporate communications
- Journalism and the Political process
- Public Relations planning and practice
- Communication in technologies and change
- Public relations strategy: Issues and crisis management
- Public relations Project
- Democracy in the public sphere
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing management and planning
- Marketing research methods
- International marketing
- Consumer behavior
- Law and society
- Business law
- Cyber Crime
- Information law
- Human rights law
- Environmental and planning law