To gain hands on experience in the public relations and communication fields in order to expand and diversify my knowledge and skill sets.
Marketing and community engagement project Early 2016 Perimeter Hotel Canberra
- Worked with a select group as part of a industry experience project at the University of Canberra on the Marketing and community engagement strategy.
- Strong hands on experience that included meeting with and pitching ideas to clients.
Small Business social media development 2014 – 2015
- Worked with a small startup business out of Melbourne that focused on social media strategies for small businesses.
- Ran social media for a range of small businesses including mechanics, specialty car mods, as well as IT related brands.
- Constructed strategies and sales pitches for targeting small businesses.
Working with ThermalTake Australia at conventions 2013 – 2014
- Working front of house in a retail style environment, learning about new products and how to communicate my product knowledge to the wider community.
- Representing a brand at an expo and learning how to talk to individuals in with a marketing style approach.
Hyatt Hotel Canberra Early 2010 – late 2014
- Working with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds at Hyatt as an events supervisor.
- Working in high pressure situations with VIP clients including foreign dignitaries, royalty, Australian politicians including prime minsters and corporate executives from a range of large organisations.
- Hands on experience with managing staff and clients, learning how to read their needs and communicate solutions.
- Completed a one year Trainee ship resulting in a Certificate III hospitality.
- Operated as temporary stores manager for one moth in 2013 whist full time manager was on leave.
Graduated Year 12 2009
- Was a prefect in the student leadership body 2009
Worked at Big W as night fill Associate 2006 – 2009
Bachelor a communications in public relations and 2013 – Present Arts majoring in Law and Marketing
Communications in Public Relations
- Principals of public relations
- Public relations writing
- Digital media literacy
- communication evolution
- Digital PR and Media relations
- Corporate communications
- Journalism and the Political process
- Public Relations planning and practice
- Communication in technologies and change
- Public relations strategy: Issues and crisis management
- Public relations Project
- Democracy in the public sphere
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing management and planning
- Marketing research methods
- International marketing
- Consumer behavior
- Law and society
- Business law
- Cyber Crime
- Information law
- Human rights law
- Environmental and planning law
Certificate III Hospitality 2010